Admitted to the Bar: Québec – 2018 | Ontario – 2018
Education: Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) University of Montréal (2015)
Bachelor of international studies (B. Sc.) University of Montréal (2013)
Certificate in Chinese law, China University of Political Science and Law (2014)
Juris Doctor (J.D.) Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario (2017)
Emily Bolduc joined Belleau Lapointe in early 2022, after practicing in the commercial litigation practice group of a large international firm since 2018. Over the years, Emily has acquired a solid experience in civil, commercial and class action litigation, having appeared before the Court of Québec, the Superior Court of Québec and before arbitration tribunals.
Emily’s practice now focuses on class actions, representing plaintiffs, as well as various civil and commercial litigation matters.
Her efficiency, resourcefulness and organizational skills make her a valuable asset in complex cases and also in bringing clients’ cases to a successful conclusion, whether through court proceedings or through alternative dispute resolution. She practices law in English and French, and speaks Spanish and Japanese.
Emily has a passion for travel, cooking and baking, spending her free time challenging herself by making culinary creations. In addition, she has been involved with the Maison du Père, a homeless shelter in downtown Montréal, as a volunteer for almost ten years.
- 2016 – Recipient of the Senator Frank Carrel Upper Year Scholarship – J.D., Queen’s University.
- 2013 to 2015 – Recipient of an academic excellence entrance scholarship, the Valérie-Castonguay scholarship from the faculty of law and an academics scholarship from Fondation Desjardins – LL.B., University of Montréal.
- 2010 to 2013 – Dean’s list for academic excellence – B. Sc., University of Montréal.
- Involved in several class actions, both as plaintiff and defendant, in matters of consumer protection, banking law, product liability, privacy and competition law.
- Represented clients as defendants in several cases related to product liability.
- Represented parity committees as plaintiffs in several penal litigation cases.
- Involved, as plaintiff and defendant, in several banking litigation cases, which included the exercise of extraordinary remedies.