Équiterre filed a class action against Robert Bosch LLC and Robert Bosch GmbH. In particular, Équiterre alleges that Bosch developed stealth software that was installed in certain Volkswagen and Audi vehicles that allowed these vehicles to be falsified in compliance tests, thereby rendering them compliant with applicable environmental standards.
The class action seeks a judgment ordering the payment to each class member of $10,000. The action also seeks payment of $25 million in punitive damages.
The fact that you were compensated as part of the Volkswagen/Audi TDI (Diesel) 2.0 Litre Canadian Emissions Settlement in the Volkswagen class action does not preclude you from being a member of this class action against Bosch.
Who is a member of this class action?
You are a member of the proposed class if you have purchased or leased any of the following vehicles in Québec:
2.0 liter, 4 cylinder diesel engines
- Volkswagen Jetta (model years 2009 – 2015)
- Volkswagen Jetta Wagon and Sportwagon (model years 2009 – 2014)
- Volkswagen Beetle and Beetle convertible (model years 2012 – 2015)
- Volkswagen Golf (model years 2010 – 2015)
- Volkswagen Golf Wagon and Sportwagon (model years 2010 – 2015)
- Volkswagen Passat (model years 2012 – 2015)
- Audi A3 (model years 2010 – 2015)
3.0 liter, 6 cylinder diesel engines
- Volkswagen Touareg (model years 2009 – 2016)
- Audi A6 (model years 2014 – 2016)
- Audi A7 (model years 2014 – 2016)
- Audi A8 (model years 2014 – 2016)
- Audi A8L (model years 2014 – 2016)
- Audi Q5 (model years 2014 – 2016)
- Audi Q7 (model years 2009 – 2016)
What is the status of this class action?
On January 20, 2017, an Application for Authorization to Institute a Class Action was filed.
The class action is currently at the authorization stage.
How can I stay informed of the upcoming steps in the case?
If you are a member of the class action, we invite you to register to our mailing list. This way, we can communicate with you as soon as important developments occur in the file.
For more information, you can also contact Belleau Lapointe directly.
Pleadings and judgments
January 20, 2017
Filing of the Application for Authorization to Institute a Class Action.