Belleau Lapointe recommends that you read the Policy carefully and return to it periodically, as it may change from time to time.
By accessing the Website, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Policy.
1. Information collected through the use of the website
1.1 Non-identifiable information
The Website automatically collects certain information about you that does not alone allow us to identify you, such as:
- the date and time you access the Website;
- the type of browser, language and system you are using;
- the pages of the Website you visit; or
- the documents you view on the Website.
- remember your settings and preferences;
- generate statistical reports; and
- analyze and improve the performance of the Website.
The cookies that are necessary for the website to function cannot be switched off in our systems. These cookies are usually set in response to actions made by you, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can block or disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device. However, if you choose to disable cookies, some pages or sections of our Website may not display properly or some features may not be available.
Use of the Google Analytics tool
We use Google Analytics, a tool provided by Google Inc. to analyze the use of the Website and to obtain statistical reports on the browsing behaviour of users. More information about Google Analytics is available on the “Google Marketing Platform” website, accessible via the following link: https://marketingplatform.google.com/intl/fr/about/analytics/
If you do not want to provide information to Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which can be accessed via the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr
1.2 Personal information
As part of your use of the Website, you may voluntarily provide certain personal information so that we can more easily communicate with you or so that you can access certain features of the Website (for example, subscribing to a mailing list). This personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- your mailing address;
- your telephone number;
the fact that you are a class member in one of our files.
2. Purposes for which personal information is collected and used
Belleau Lapointe collects and uses personal information for the purposes identified at the time of collection or as permitted or required by law. This includes, but is not limited to, the following purposes:
- establishing and managing relationships with our customers;
- responding to questions submitted through the Website;
- maintaining a list of members involved in a particular class action, in order to, among other things, inform them of any developments in the case;
- business development and marketing, such as sending newsletters;
- any applicable legal or regulatory requirement or obligation;
- any other purpose to which you have consented.
Belleau Lapointe limits the collection of personal information to that which is strictly necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose, except with your consent or as required by law.
3. Disclosure of personal information
In the course of its activities, Belleau Lapointe may disclose your personal information to third parties, including
- third party service providers including, but not limited to, services related to our website (hosting, security, etc.).
- third parties in connection with our legal services, such as opposing parties, experts, claim administrators, etc.
- public government authorities and law enforcement agencies where required by applicable law or as necessary to provide our services.
The personal information provided is then limited to that which is necessary, and these third parties are obligated by law or contractual agreement to maintain its confidentiality.
4. Retention of personal information
Personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the purposes identified in the Policy and to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
5. Right of rectification and access
At any time and subject to Belleau Lapointe’s obligations, you may rectify or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information by contacting us. However, you acknowledge that access to the Website and/or certain services may be denied.
In addition, at the request of a user, Belleau Lapointe undertakes to confirm whether or not it holds personal information about the user and to send the user a copy of such information, if applicable. You may also request that the personal information held by Belleau Lapointe be corrected or completed if it is inaccurate, ambiguous or incomplete.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail messages to which you have subscribed, you may terminate your subscription at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail message.
6. The security of your personal information
Belleau Lapointe strives to apply appropriate physical, technical and/or administrative safeguards to ensure the security of personal information in its possession. To do so, we follow generally accepted industry standards.
Please note, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, nor any means of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, Belleau Lapointe cannot guarantee that your personal information will remain confidential.
7. External websites
The Website contains hyperlinks to external websites (the “External Websites“) that take you away from the Website. Belleau Lapointe provides these hyperlinks to users as a convenience. Since External Sites are not under the control of Belleau Lapointe, we invite you to consult the privacy policies applicable to these External Websites.
8. Contact Us
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about this Policy or Belleau Lapointe’s privacy practices, you can contact us at:
Telephone: (514) 987-6886
Belleau Lapointe s.e.n.c.r.l.
300, Place d’Youville
Canada (H2Y 2B6)