Jean-Philippe Lincourt was called to the Québec Bar in 2004.
He joined the Belleau Lapointe team in 2018, after practicing in major Québec firms since the beginning of his career.
Throughout the course of his practice, Jean-Philippe has acquired a specific experience in the field of class actions, both for the Plaintiff and Defense sides. In this capacity, he has been involved in the management of national cases and has participated in long-term trials on the merits and multiparty negotiation sessions.
Since 2015, Jean-Philippe has been featured in the publication The Best Lawyers in Canada®, Litigation – Class Actions.
In addition, he represents his clients before all judicial and administrative tribunals, also in the fields of civil and commercial litigation, professional liability, insurance law and construction law.
- Represented a financial institution in a class action relating to the protection of personal information (privacy).
- Involved, for Plaintiff and Defense, in several class actions related to product liability, involving or not recalls, and this, in the medical devices, motor vehicles and consumer products sectors.
- Represented religious congregations in the context of class actions filed for sexual abuse of class members. One of these cases gave rise to the first ruling on the merits in this field in the country: Tremblay v. Lavoie, 2014 QCCS 3185 (CanLII).
- Involved, for Plaintiff and Defense, in the context of class actions related to catastrophic incidents.
- Involved, for Plaintiff and Defense, in several class actions in the field of consumer law.
- Involved, for Plaintiff and Defense, in several environmental class actions, some of which have progressed well beyond the stage of authorization.
- Represented insurance brokers and insurers in several professional liability cases. See in particular: Labranche v. Sécurité nationale, 2011 QCCS 2429 (CanLII).
- Involved in several commercial litigation cases related to landlord / tenant relations and securities.
- Involved in several cases on behalf of a major professional liability general insurance manager.
- Involved in several disciplinary law matters brought before the disciplinary boards of several professional orders, including the Barreau du Québec, as well as of the Chambre de la sécurité financière.