Admitted to the Bar : Québec – 2021
Education : Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (2020)
Marjorie Boyer is a lawyer in the firm. She joined the Belleau Lapointe team as an articling student in 2018 and then completed the École du Barreau. Marjorie has followed up with members of class actions handled by Belleau Lapointe and carried out various legal mandates.
Focusing her practice in the areas of class actions and civil and commercial litigation, she participates in the firm class action files, from getting files ready to distributing to the class members. She also drafts pleadings and conducts legal research.
With a growing interest in writing, Marjorie participated in a civil law research and writing seminar and plans to continue drafting various legal articles.
- 2020 – Mention of excellence – LL.B., Université de Montréal
- Maxime Nasr, Éric Préfontaine, Marjorie Boyer, and Josy-Ann Therrien, “La crise de la quarantaine de la procédure d’autorisation” in Service de la qualité de la profession, Volume 480, Colloque national sur l’action collective – Développements récents au Québec, au Canada et aux États-Unis, Cowansville, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2020, p. 151.ns Yvon Blais, 2020, p. 151.
- Represented the plaintiffs in several product liability class actions involving product recalls of consumer products.
- Represented the plaintiffs in several class actions in the fields of consumer and competition law.
- Represented the plaintiffs, on behalf of a pan-Canadian group, in a pharmaceutical product class action against a multinational manufacturer.
- Involved in managing the distribution of several settled or decided class actions.
- Represented clients in various civil and commercial litigation matters, primarily contractual and shareholder disputes.